auberge de nos aieux
A new adventure
The Auberge is opening a new campsite this year! It is situated just below the hill of the main building. The campground offers open, semi-shaded and shaded grassy sites for tents ONLY.
In order to preserve the natural beauty of the site, no motorised vehicles of any kind are permitted. On the beautiful terain, you will find pic-nic tables, a giant communal fire-pit and BBQs for sue scattered all over. Two toilets and a shower will be accesible to our campers inside the main building of the auberge.
This campground is an extension of the Auberge. It’s meant to be a communal space where we all join around the fire for great conversation and making connections under the stars.
Leave your tent and go straight to one of the many outdoor activities the Charlevoix region has to offer. We are only 40 minutes from the beautiful national SÉPAQ parcs where there is much to discover!
Our site has its own nature path that leads directly to the St. Lawrence River. We are also located right across from the legendary island L’Iles-aux-Coudres, only 5 minute drive away from the free ferry. And a 15 minute drive away from the beautfiul Saint-Irénée beach.
Our ideal campers are as independant as they can be when it comes to food, water and BBQ. Basically, if everything you need fits into a 50-litre backpack, our campground is for you!
What to expect
Our campsite is an extension of the Auberge. A beautful space, near the forest, available to campers who are looking for a simple, naturesque place to pitch their tent, with no access to services.
Campers are unable to bring their vehicle directly on the campsite. You must park your car in the camping lot and walk down the hill for about 4 minutes until you gte to your lot.
- Open, semi-shaded, shaded grassy terrain
- Platforme available
- Check-in 2pm, Check-out 1pm
- Communal vibe
- Communal pic-nic tables
- Giant communal fire-pit
- Access to in-ground pool
- Access to terrace overlooking the fleuve
- Many hiking trails nearby
- Access to communal BBQs
- No motorized vehicles of any kind
- Animals permitted, on leash
- Wood and charcoal available at the nearby dépanneur
- 4 people per lot
- Access to co-working space (depending on public health measures)
- Wi-Fi available near the main building (not availble on campsite)
- Access to two toilets and a shower in the main building
Renting a camping space provides access to the same services as renting a room in the hostel. We have several indoor and outdoor common areas available to travelers, but we encourage everyone to plan their trip to stay outside as much as possible and to be self-sufficient in terms of food. Stay outside, simply and safely!
- Large in-ground pool
- Observatory with view on the river
- Hiking nearby from the site
- Coworking space (If allowed by Public Health)
- Internet near the reception (not on the campsite)
The beautiful region of Charlevoix is known for its varied outdoor activities: Beaches, hikes, bird observation, kayak, concertis in the middle of nature settings and farm visits for the delcious local products available. Here is a suggestion of places to visits only a minute drive away!
- Ferme Alpaga Charlevoix
- Musée maritime de Charlevoix
- Sentier de la Forêt Marine – La Seigneurie
- Plage de Saint-Irénée
- Domaine Forget
- Katabatik (kayak)
- Visite de Baie Saint-Paul
- Lavande Azulée
- Ferme Éboulmontaise
- Ferme les jardins du centre
We’re waiting for you
L’Auberge de Nos Aïeux offers the most incredible view of the Saint-Laurent river, the Iles-aux-Coudres and the magnificent mountains.